TEFL Program (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
The aim of the course is to prepare a US-Certified trainer accredited from the AIPS (The American Institute of Professional Studies), Who is fully ready to be a professional international teacher.
Our vision is to prepare you for a successful teaching experience focusing on theoretical & practical teaching skills that equip novice teachers & inspire the experienced ones through the 3 parts of the program: Theoretical studies, observation & shadowing and the practical application.
It’s a 7-week program divided into:
– Improve language awareness.
– Learn how to evaluate a course-book & other teaching resources.
– Develop familiarity with appropriate resources & materials and create suitable ones for young & adult learners.
– Get familiarity with language acquisition.
– Know the language techniques & methodologies for teaching young learners.
– Know how to teach the 4 macro skills (receptive & productive); listening, speaking, reading & writing.
– Know how to teach vocabulary, grammar & pronunciation.
– Classroom management & handling difficult participants.
– Error correction techniques.
– Use tools & body language.
– Use classroom tools.
– know the different gap fillers and how to anticipate problems.