TEFL Program (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
The aim of the course is to prepare a US-Certified trainer accredited from the AIPS (The American Institute of Professional Studies), Who is fully ready to be a professional international teacher.
Our vision is to prepare you for a successful teaching experience focusing on theoretical & practical teaching skills that equip novice teachers & inspire the experienced ones through the 3 parts of the program: Theoretical studies, observation & shadowing and the practical application.
It’s a 7-week program divided into:
- Classroom-based learning time; a lecture for 5 hours once per week.
- Observation & shadowing time; a flexible schedule from 9 to 9 to ensure getting into a class of each stage with experienced trainers.
- Practice time; all participants are required to pass through a practical part of conducting Demos & peer teaching as well as real class teaching.
– Improve language awareness.
– Learn how to evaluate a course-book & other teaching resources.
– Develop familiarity with appropriate resources & materials and create suitable ones for young & adult learners.
– Get familiarity with language acquisition.
– Know the language techniques & methodologies for teaching young learners.
– Know how to teach the 4 macro skills (receptive & productive); listening, speaking, reading & writing.
– Know how to teach vocabulary, grammar & pronunciation.
– Classroom management & handling difficult participants.
– Error correction techniques.
– Use tools & body language.
– Use classroom tools.
– know the different gap fillers and how to anticipate problems.
We have a professional teaching team with high educational backgrounds. Our trainers are distinguished in the field of teachers’ development. Their expertise and experience in the field of English language teaching and teachers’ development enable us to maintain the high standards of training to which we are committed. Trainers’ qualifications range from Master’s Degrees in TEFL/TESOL to PHD in Education and CELTA Certificate.
Our certificate is accredited from the American Institution of Professional Studies (AIPS) which is one of the subdivisions of the American Group for Managing Educational Projects in the United States of America. AIPS is a leading professional and examining body, committed to engaging learners of all ages at school, college, work or through part-time learning programs to achieve their full potential. Check it yourself: http://www.aips.us/index.aspx
The program is available in the branches of:
- Nasr City
- Misr Gdeeda
The program fees are 4900 L.E; paid all at a time by the beginning of the course or in installments after coordinating with the TEFL coordinators. Also the certificate costs 500 L.E and it’s shipped in a couple of weeks after signing in for it.
The applicant needs first to get into the TEFL placement test and scores I2 level at least in order to be approved to sign up for the TEFL program unless he/ she has scored Intermediate level in the IELTS exam. The TEFL placement test costs 100 L.E to be paid in advance and the score is to be announced 10 mins after performing the test.
For more info. & registration, you can communicate with the TEFL department directly on: 01011133552